Senior Software Engineer
London, UK/Remote (+/- 3GMT)
We've just raised a £15m series A and we are looking for a senior software engineer who values code as a craft to help us build out our digital model of the construction industry, fed with real-time data.
At Converge you can be certain that you will work on a well-engineered codebase written by a team who cares. We value high-quality code but understand how important it is to get things done, rather than perfect.
We deeply value collaborative work. Careful code-reviews, well-written tests, and beautifully written code ensure that our customers will get an amazing product delivered, which is safe and delightful to use.
We're a small, multicultural, and close bunch, which means that everyone can have a big impact on what we do, from how our platform looks, to how our sensors work.
Converge has already achieved a lot in more than 200 sites across the world, and we look forward to having you with us so that we can do even more and continue to scale globally.
About the role
You will be engaged in the rapid development of several new products in 2022 alone, with exposure to the existing portfolio too, helping to scale those products internationally.
- Develop and maintain our APIs and backend services
- Implement UIs and maintain our client-side applications, including a mobile app and a web platform
- Reviewing other team members' code
- Work closely with product and design teams to flesh out features and requirements
- Collaborate with the hardware team to bring amazing new products to life
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and provide support for our applications
- Automating repetitive tasks (let the machines do it!)
- Write thorough software tests: unitary, integration, and E2E.
You should have:
- Experience developing and shipping code professionally
- Excellent understanding and professional experience applying testing practices (TDD, Exploratory Testing, E2E tests)
- In-depth understanding of relational databases (preferably Postgres)
- Detailed understanding of how to use Git in a team setting
- Experience working in an environment that embraces a DevOps culture
- Experience with agile methodologies
It would be nice if you have:
- Previous experience in the IoT sector
- Mobile development experience
- Experience building data processing pipelines for time-series data
- Node.js, Typescript, React, Redux, Postgres, Python, RabbitMQ, React Native, Docker, Ansible, DigitalOcean, AWS.
Learn more about our team, benefits and perks on our website!
We care about diversity on our team so we check our job descriptions for gender bias: http://gender-decoder.katmatfield.com/
Agency note: any unsolicited CVs or profiles sent to us will be viewed as gifts and will not be considered liable for a fee. We are only working with agencies on our PSL and are not looking to make any additions. Thank you.