We’re building for a future where the internet and world economy empowers people, instead of treating people like a product. Where our interactions are based on consent, privacy, and people freely associating with one another. Where communities can flourish and individuals can pursue their dreams. To accomplish that, we’re working hard to make web3 more accessible for everyone.
MetaMask is both a blockchain wallet and a gateway to the entire decentralized web. Our tools help people create communities, play video games, access financial services, make payments, invest in assets, survive from economic turmoil, and more use cases than we can even predict. We exist across multiple platforms (browser extension and mobile), and we serve the whole decentralized ecosystem.
MetaMask Mobile has been growing rapidly from our September 2020 launch and now serves almost 5 million monthly users as a cross-platform wallet and web3 browser. As this user base continues to grow, we are working to make MetaMask more robust, accessible, intuitive, delightful, stable and secure. We’re hiring a Mobile QA Engineer to join our highly collaborative team in making this happen.
We are seeking a QA Engineer who is proficient in mobile automation and has experience in manual testing on both iOS and Android. This person will be focused on helping expand our current suite of automated e2e tests along with assisting in our agile testing processes involving feature and regression testing.
In this role, you’ll be working with multiple mobile and web3 technologies, working to keep people’s funds safe and secure, and collaborating with engineers and designers to create the best product possible.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a Mobile QA engineer with at least 2 years of experience in a QA role, including with mobile experience on either iOS or Android or both. This person will:
- Quickly become deeply familiar with MetaMask and its many features and use cases
- Perform features analysis to create detailed test plans and test cases
- Perform testing, triage test failures and report bugs
- Write automated end-to-end tests
- Be a voice for quality, stability, and security in our product development and release processes
- Proactively contribute to team discussions about UX design, technical issues, sprint and roadmap planning, and improving team processes
- Be proficient and thoughtful with asynchronous and synchronous communication, giving and receiving feedback, and working independently and with a team
- Support their teammates’ performance and growth
- Be successful working within a fully remote environment
- Bring respect, patience, and empathy to every interaction and relationship with coworkers and the community
- Bring hustle, enthusiasm, heart and a love of shipping bug free software to their work
Successful candidates will be proficient, or be able to quickly become proficient, in the following areas:
- at least 2 years of experience in a QA role with some mobile experience on either iOS or Android or both
- functional and release regression testing
- manual testing on android and iOS devices, simulators and emulators
- establishing and maintaining QA processes and practices
- pull request review from a QA perspective
- React Native debugging (Chrome/Flipper)
- writing automated e2e tests with wix/Detox
- contributing to CI/CD processes utilizing Bitrise