ConsenSys is a blockchain software technology company focused on building infrastructure, tools, and products for Institutions, Enterprises, developers, crypto and DeFi investors and users. Our mission is to drive adoption of the decentralized world wide web (Web3) and the Ethereum ecosystem, the only current candidate to be the automatic, objective trust foundation and base settlement layer for the planet. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
About the Codefi product group
ConsenSys Codefi is at the forefront of the blockchain fintech revolution and builds, deploys and runs critical applications across both Enterprise and crypto/DeFi and multiple blockchain verticals (e.g., assets, payments, trading, staking, compliance.) Our blockchain application suite powers commerce and finance, optimizing business processes and digitizing financial instruments, as well as enabling and growing decentralised finance (DeFi).
What you'll get to work on:
The Director of Institutional DeFi will lead the exploration of opportunities to build out ConsenSys Codefi for the institutional client segment. The role will leverage the capabilities of fintech software built by ConsenSys to ideate, refine, and establish commercial and product opportunities powered by decentralized finance. Potential areas of focus include delivering DeFi asset class access for asset managers and institutional investors, productizing our services allowing neobanks, roboadvisors and traditional brokerages to leverage DeFi financial instruments, and helping capital markets participants understand the potential for onchain market venues. The role will work directly with the Codefi management team, provide a key input into Codefi product development and strategy, and collaborate cross-functionally with ConsenSys Sales and Marketing.
We are looking for a senior industry leader with experience in establishing new businesses in complex market environments. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of financial services, fintech, and institutional investors in the traditional and crypto markets.
- Lead exploration of DeFi asset class opportunities relating to the institutional financial services segment, and drive market definition and development
- Collaborate with product and technology leads to design software and financial products that create powerful new business lines
- Work with our go-to-market organization to create and execute commercial growth strategies
- Develop the house view on operationalizing large scale distribution of the DeFi asset class
- Coordinate across stakeholders in the firm to deliver launches, clients, and other actionable results
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative or analytical discipline such as Economics and Mathematics, Business, or a similar field
- Bonus for graduate study in Business, Law, Computer Science, or Economics
- 10 years of commercial experience in financial services, such as capital markets or investment management
- Deep understanding of blockchain capital markets and DeFi fundamentals
- Preferred familiarity with broker/dealer, banking, and exchange regulatory regimes across the US, Europe, and Asia with relevant licenses as applicable (e.g., FCA/BaFin/SEC/FINRA)
- Preferred experience of founding or leading a growth stage technology company
- Collaborative management style and comfort with remote working environments
- Ability to build relationships and commercial opportunities internationally
- Strong bias to action
Don't check all of the boxes? Don't sweat it. We're passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes to create a world-class delivery organisation in our chaotic-but-fun, decentralised, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, team leads at leading tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society. We believe that there is an opportunity to bring the remaining 2 billion unbanked people into the global economy and to radically transform our society for the enrichment of humankind
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is less than 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale
- Continuous learning and improvements. You'll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.