Canonical's Snap Store team is looking for talented back-end developers to join a distributed engineering team focused on delivering the best Snap Store experience for developers and device manufacturers.
Snaps are secure, sandboxed, containerized applications that are powering a growing number of IoT devices and the format of choice for thousands of up-to-date apps for Linux desktops, servers, and cloud instances. For users, the Snap Store facilitates discovery, installation, and automatic reliable updates of applications. For developers and device manufacturers our platform provides a smooth publishing pipeline, metrics on distribution, and facilities to manage dedicated stores for IoT devices.
We have a lot of interesting work ahead of us in expanding the Store's feature set and scaling to meet demand as millions of additional devices are deployed. Our services are a mix of Python (Flask, Django) and Golang. if you have a passion for clean APIs, have a bias towards shipping and believe that tests are the key to higher velocity and reliability, you'll fit right in.
- Develop services, features, and enhancements according to our roadmap, primarily in Python and Golang
- Be responsible for the end-to-end success of your efforts
- Work with the team on system design, implementation and code reviews
- Collaborate with other teams in Canonical to deliver the full scope of a feature beyond the backend APIs
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years experience with a focus on public-facing APIs and web applications
- Proven ability to consistently deliver robust code to production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to collaborate remotely with a diverse set of team members and remain highly motivated, productive, and organized
- Familiarity with Ubuntu as a development and deployment platform
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related engineering field
Travel to international destinations is expected for 1 week at a time approximately 2-4 times per year. Locations in the last year have included Cape Town, Budapest, Berlin, Montreal, and Brussels.
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.