Bustle is seeking a remote part-time Entertainment Writer and Reporter with a passion for film and TV to attend print and video junkets, red carpet premieres, and write features about movies and TV on behalf of Bustle in Los Angeles. The candidate should have experience interviewing celebrities on-camera as well as writing features, essays, and profiles.
Applicants should have extensive knowledge of pop culture, strong news judgment, a fun and witty voice, and the ability to write quickly and cleanly. Ideal candidates should hold a degree in journalism/communications or similar, and should have at least 3+ years of experience in entertainment reporting and writing.
The Los Angeles Entertainment Writer/Reporter is a key role representing Bustle’s entertainment team on the West Coast, and a great opportunity for an ambitious journalist to further expand Bustle’s celebrity interview coverage.
Because this role requires some on-camera experience, please include a link to your reel or relevant video clips.
- Attend press junkets for video and/or print features on upcoming releases and interview talent as assigned
- Pitch ideas for movies, TV, and celebrity feature coverage
- Write thoughtful features with strong angles relevant to Bustle’s audience
- Attend screenings where required
- Strong interest in movies, TV, and celebrity culture
- A strong voice and innovative ideas
- 3+ years reporting and writing experience, particularly interviewing talent
- Degree in journalism, communications, or related