Blockstack is a decentralized computing platform and ecosystem. Blockstack PBC is a leading entity within the Stacks Ecosystem, advancing the initial research, design, and development of the Stacks Blockchain and developer tools for decentralized applications. Blockstack PBC provides software anchored to the Stacks Blockchain and Bitcoin that makes Web 3 development easier and more accessible. It’s the easiest way to build decentralized apps that can scale.
The mission of the open-source community and broader ecosystem is to provide software for a user owned internet that returns online data ownership to developers and consumers. More info here.
Blockstack PBC was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in New York City with employees in Canada, Europe, and Asia. Blockstack PBC is funded and backed by more than $75 million from Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, Lux Capital, Winklevoss Capital, Naval Ravikant, and many more.
Blockstack PBC is looking for an experienced Director of Strategic Partnerships to own business development. This is a new role that will work closely with our CEO and leadership team to manage external relationships and form partnerships that grow Blockstack PBC’s developer tooling and audience. This role is ideal for self-starters with expertise in business development and an interest in blockchain adoption.
What You’ll Do:
• Work closely with the CEO to develop and manage key external relationships
• Drive partnerships from initial relationship through negotiations, due diligence, and eventual integration
• Establish strategy around key BD/partnership opportunities, identify gaps that can be addressed through partnerships
• Vet all inbound requests, filtering for quality and alignment with Blockstack PBC products
• Identify and source partnerships that will increase developer adoption for our software tools
• Manage negotiation, performing due diligence alongside finance and legal as needed
• Develop and execute engagement & partnership strategies: collaborate with internal and external engineering and product teams, overseeing technical integrations as needed to completion.
• Build external presence in the Web 3.0 community, representing PBC as needed
What We're Looking For:
• Significant experience initiating and overseeing partnerships with highly technical products
• Relationship builder comfortable working with stakeholders of all kinds, from executives to engineering and product teams both at Blockstack and in partner companies
• Adaptable and excited to work in a really fast-paced environment.
• Advanced communication skills in all forms: verbal, written, in person and online.
• Experience increasing adoption of a product/services from a developer community.
• Self-starter with history of project ownership.
• 6+ years of professional experience