BLANKSLATE Partners is excited to partner with WTFast as they add to their growing team!
WTFast - the world leader in low latency internet route optimization since 2009. We were the first to truly innovate in this space, literally flipping the Internet model upside down. We have created an amazing plug and play networking solution, powered by real-time statistics and an expert system. With 11 granted patents, and more to come, we are re-inventing the Internet. We are a talented team based out of Kelowna that likes to create amazing technologies to solve latency issues for online gaming.
We are looking for a positive, hard working individual to help us to develop our core network services on Appliances.
WTFast is building a global route map overlay network that uses non-conventional techniques to increase quality of service for latency sensitive network applications. The WTFast network development team is at the core of our R&D, its goal is to continually improve the WTFast technology to maintain our market lead. Our technology is enabled by systems that collect data from multiple sources and translate that data into routing decisions that handle moving traffic across our GPN on the lowest latency route possible.
As Software Developer - Core Network Services you will;
- Build and improve the underlying systems that make WTFast work
- Investigate novel methods to improve our technology
- Design and build tools that process network traffic at the packet and stream level
- Improve systems that route traffic over the our WTFast network
- A curious mind. You have taken apart numerous kitchen and home appliances to figure out how they work.
- A good understanding of how packets get from point A to point B over the internet
- Written software which operates in a communications intensive highly concurrent environment.
- Worked extensively writing network focused software operating at the socket level or lower.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment using agile software practices
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Exhibited flexibility, prioritization, and the ability to multitask
- Excellent project management skills, are self-directed and love to take initiative
- A professional, friendly, and approachable demeanour at all times
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of programming experience in a professional environment
- Comprehensive understanding of networking communication standards
- Experience developing in Go and C collaboratively in Git
- Good fluency in Unix-like environments
- Experience writing code for embedded devices
Nice to Haves
- Being an avid gamer with a sense of humour
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment
- Experience developing in C++
Our greatest asset is our people. In addition to our dedicated, innovative and collaborative atmosphere, we offer eligible employees:
- Competitive compensation
- Extended health and dental care
- Learning and development opportunities
- Work from home or office flexibility
We’re looking for lovers of gaming with demonstrated experience in software development who can contribute to WTFast’s mission, technology and team in a variety of ways. Even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement for this specific position, we still encourage you to apply.
All applicants will be considered not just for current open roles but for the future needs of the business. Therefore, Should you be hired with us, the job title that you are hired under may differ slightly from what is advertised in this job posting to best align with the competencies of the role and your specific background and experience.