BLANKSLATE Partners is excited to partner with LifeBooster as they add to their growing team!
LifeBooster is an open-innovation platform technology company operating at the intersection of data analytics, industrial IoT and Insurtech. Our team is focused on developing a predictive analytics platform for the enterprise health and safety market. We’re leading the way to change the collection and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data on workplace injury risks. LifeBooster digitizes, automates and scales proven health and safety practices to enable employers and professional firms to transform how they approach solving the persistent problem of workplace injury.
Our team is driven by a culture that is competitive and world-class in itself. We take a people first approach which means your work will directly and significantly improve the physical and mental health of hard working people on a global scale.
We’re looking to add a Mathematical Software Engineer to our growing team.
About the Role
Reporting to the CTO, as Mathematical Software Engineer you will apply mathematical techniques that digitize and automate our wearable health and safety technology so people can live better, healthier, safer lives. You will be responsible for;
- Developing mathematical techniques to be applied to the sensor data of our commercial product using Python and MATLAB
- Improving the efficiency of existing computational & memory intensive algorithms
- Translating body motion into quantified metrics using computational methods to reduce raw data to meaningful and manageable terms
- Mathematically generating time integrals using Python to be uploaded to our cloud database
- Acting as a technical mentor to junior members on the team.
- You have a Masters or PhD in Math
- You will apply your breadth of mathematical knowledge to come up with elegant and simple solutions.
- Your desire to mentor will help you grow a strong IP group.
- Your experience in commercial productization will ensure the scope of requirements are well understood, realistic boundary conditions have been identified, design is well documented and reviewed, implementation is rapidly executed, and test cases are thoroughly exercised prior to product release.
- Your inquisitiveness continues to expand your area of expertise.
- You are able to listen, communicate and collaborate with cross functional teams effectively.
- Masters or PhD in Math
- Expert in Matlab
- +5 years in a role developing technology that has been commercially deployed
- Comfortable with rotational matrices, quaternions, FFT, AI & fusion techniques
- Entrepreneurial by nature, you lead with passion and perseverance and excel in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills are a given.
- Mission-driven with strong communication and collaboration skills
In addition to our values driven culture we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Minimum 3 weeks vacation
- Flexible hours & work schedule
- LifeBooster office is located in Vancouver, BC. All roles are currently working from home, however post Covid-19, this role can work from home, work from our office, or do a mix of both.