We have a vacancy for a principal or lead-level UX Designer to join us on a permanent, part-time basis. In this role, you’ll work with another UX/UI Designer providing UX solutions for our clients as well as creating an internal SaaS product. You’ll collaborate with our Project Managers, Developers and Managing Director, who has UX background.
This role would be ideally suited to an experienced UX generalist, who is comfortable working on multiple projects, is passionate about creating accessible, user-friendly and delightful digital products - preferably with some Government Digital Services experience.
This will work fully remotely and we are looking for the successful candidate to work 20 hours per week between Monday and Friday.
On a day to day basis, you’ll be involved with the following:
- Be responsible for all UX work - from small tweaks for client products to design of a new internal product
- Participate in client meetings and facilitate remote UX workshops
- Brief other team member and oversee their work
- Create information architecture, write UX microcopy, wireframe
- Plan and conduct user research activities
- Create user journey maps, service blueprints, reports
Ideally, we’re looking for someone with the following:
- Experienced as a lead level User Experience Designer
- Experience in conducting user research
- Strong UX microcopy writing skills
- An analytical thinker, who enjoys problem-solving and working on complex software systems
- Comfortable working across multiple projects of various sizes and able to switch between them as required
- Pragmatic - empathetic with the users, but considerate of organisational needs and constraints.
- Great communicator - collaborative, diplomatic and persuasive
- Effective at supervising and managing people
At Bit Zesty, we offer a range of perks and benefits to help you enjoy your time with us, such as:
- Fully remote working - no more stressful commutes, ever
- Flexibility with working hours
- High spec kit including MacBook Air, iPhone, Jabra headset, happy lamp and more to help you get the most out of your home office
- 25 days of annual leave plus public holidays and a day off for your birthday (prorated)
- Health and wellness contribution towards your gym membership or fitness app
- Conference/training budget
- Private medical insurance
- Regular virtual team activities
- An open, dynamic and collaborative digital working culture
Salary is between £70,000 - £85,000 FTE depending on experience.
Are you interested? Please apply now.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
We’re a multi-award-winning boutique digital product agency with a user-focused approach and strong technical delivery capabilities. We’ve been helping the government, charities, corporations, and start-ups to achieve their digital goals since 2009.
From the beginning, we established remote working practices. We believe it gives our team a better work-life balance, more autonomy and flexibility, plus helps us to do our bit in preserving the environment.