BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists to bring evidence-based learning to professionals everywhere. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Genentech, Mars, LinkedIn, and Workday. Let’s build together!
We are seeking a VP to lead BetterUp Labs ,the organization within BetterUp pioneering research on human performance and flourishing at work.The mission of BetterUp Labs is to conduct, apply, and share cutting-edge, world-class, interdisciplinary scientific research to understand and accelerate human flourishing. The Vice President will report in to our Chief Product Officer, and serve on our leadership team, to help guide BetterUp’s growth and success in the coming chapter. As our VP of BU Labs, you will define the strategy and vision for this organization, spanning research areas including original, publishable research in the areas of whole person flourishing; assessment and measurement of whole person growth; and behavioral science research to fuel product development. You will partner with a wide array of cross-functional leaders across our broader R&D organization, our coaching organization, and our go to market teams to prioritize your research roadmap.
- Define the scientific agenda for BetterUp Labs in its next chapter.
- Set the roadmap for the team’s successful execution against that agenda.
- Inspire greatness from a brilliant, multidisciplinary team of behavior scientists. Support their growth as scientists, leaders, and professionals. Nurture a culture of inclusion and psychological safety, one that encourages risk-taking and the embrace of tough, ambiguous problem spaces.
- Scale the team from its size today – about ten scientists. Scaling includes not only recruiting new talent but defining the organizational design that will allow a growing team to maximize its impact.
- Serve as a public-facing thought leader for our brand.
- Cultivate academic partnerships with cutting-edge researchers aligned to our mission, scientific goals, and brand.
- Collaborate seamlessly with a wide array of peers and stakeholders to prioritize activities to meet the needs of the business.
- Lead engagement and recruiting for our scientific advisory board, which today includes the world’s greatest minds in our field.
- PhD or MD in the behavioral sciences. This includes psychology, behavioral economics, psychiatry, neuroscience, learning sciences, and more.
- 15+ years of leadership experience, spanning both academic and corporate environments. Experience managing managers.
- 8+ years in corporate work, with a track record of successful scientific research and leadership in those roles.
- Publications in academic and/or popular outlets on original research relevant to whole person development (includes the full array of adult development, from personal wellbeing to professional performance).
- Polished presenter, with excellent client-facing skills.
- Stellar reputation in your industry for innovation and scientific leadership across multiple disciplines relevant to our work
- We provide amazing benefits, but if you ask the team, they’ll tell you that the greatest benefit we offer employees is an incredibly meaningful mission and transformative work.
- Full coverage medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Unlimited use, at your own discretion, vacation policy.
- 13 paid annual holidays.
- 5 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work).
- 5 “Volunteer Days” to give back.
- Professional development through BetterUp coaching for you and a significant other.
- 401(k) self contribution.
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.