We’re looking for a world-class subject matter expert to advance our efforts to improve the quality of life for millions of professionals around the world. People today live longer and are wealthier than ever before, but our happiness is decreasing. At BetterUp, our coaches partner with working professionals to help them thrive both professionally and personally. Our mission is to help every leader pursue their lives with clarity, purpose, and passion.
BetterUp is currently seeking a senior, innovative, experienced, and highly trained subject matter expert passionate about unlocking human potential through personalized development. BetterUp’s Solutions Consultant will engage with C-suite and VP level executives at Fortune 1000 companies to design novel, transformational programs for their employees. The Solutions Consultant will be expected to build rapport with senior-level executives, advise them on best-practice behavioral solutions to organizational challenges, and strategically manage the relationship using a consultative approach to present solutions mapped to BetterUp offerings. Solutions Consultants are also responsible for translating research insights into practice insights for our prospects and customers through marketing, consulting, and thought leadership.
In this role, you will leverage your deep Human Capital Management (HCM) and thought-leadership expertise and develop a deep knowledge of our product to present and demonstrate the value of BetterUp to prospective customers. Through interactive pre-sales discovery meetings, Solutions Consultants serve as an expert advisor and contributor to provide discovery, core human capital expertise, Executive presentations, and BetterUp product demonstrations, in partnership with our sales teams, to customers throughout the sales cycle. When necessary, you will also leverage your deep behavioral science knowledge to connect and share the science of BetterUp to the desired outcomes of the organization to drive efficacy and alignment.
Solutions Consultants work at the intersection of many teams across BetterUp. You’ll work with Marketing to continually improve how we communicate the value of our product to the market. You’ll communicate with the post-sales team to ensure our customers get value out of our products as quickly as possible after a sales cycle closes. You will also have the opportunity to shape the product and direction of BetterUp by communicating important feedback to our Product team based on your conversations with customers.
At BetterUp you’ll have the opportunity to work side by side with talented, motivated, and intellectually stimulating colleagues who thrive on helping organizations solve their most pressing behavioral business challenges. We work in a highly collaborative environment, where you are encouraged to creatively use all the resources available to you to solve prospects’ problems and share these inventive solutions across the team.
- Create bespoke solutions by asking effective questions and digging deep into customers’ environment to fully understand their pain points
- Speak at industry events in support of advancing BetterUp science and practice.
- Leverage multiple disciplines to create innovative, flexible personalized organizational interventions that both meet the needs of each prospect or customer, and suit the goals of our business. Solutions Consultants should be able to translate across multiple behavioral disciplines (leadership development; organizational psychology; positive psychology; behavioral economics; cognitive neuroscience; motivational science) to create one-of-a-kind, best-in-class solutions for our prospects.
- Bridge the gap between science, technology, and the business environment - becoming a true "trusted advisor" to both technical and non-technical partners
- Translate research insights into practice insights for our customers through marketing, consulting, and thought leadership.
- Demonstrate consistently excellent performance selling prospects and customers on the holistic value of our product, our model, our analytics, and our approach.
- Collaborate seamlessly with account executives to advance prospects to purchasing decisions.
- Create and deliver workshops and/or presentations that bring to life the science and practice of BetterUp’s research and solutions.evidence-based practices, etc.
- Address questions related to BetterUp’s science (assessment approach and methodology) with knowledge and credibility, going as deep or as shallow as the prospect is interested in.
- Display poise and expertise in high-stakes conversations to inspire buyer confidence.
- Develop and deliver compelling presentations that illustrate the platform’s business value to customers at all levels.
- Perform unrivaled professional discovery, presentation, communication, and influencing skills to C-Level Executives, interfacing with and selling to the office of the CHRO and CFO specifically.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Demonstrate unerring responsiveness to internal customers, including sales, marketing, and coach operations.
- Professionally nurture external relationships with prospects and customers over time to support sales and expansions.
- Effectively explain complex scientific concepts to laypeople in the form of clear, polished presentations and/or responses to questions and challenges.
- Think creatively and interdisciplinarily, crossing academic silos to inform innovative solutions.
- Develop a deep understanding of BetterUp’s coaching service and wraparound technology platform.
- Learn continuously to stay on your edge in the relevant scientific literature in order to address evolving prospect questions and interests.
- Flexibly solve prospect challenges, and optimize for business constraints.
- Collaborate without ego, be willing to take on small tasks and large.
- Minimum 10 years of consulting and/or business experience, ideally within an HR department or equivalent or minimum of 5 years experience with a PhD in behavioral science or a related field (e.g., business, organizational leaderships)
- Leadership experience in one of more of the following domains: diversity and inclusion, employee engagement surveys and strategy, performance management design, succession planning, M&A integration, org effectiveness COE.
- Experience with engaging at the executive level.
- Challenger mindset to influence executives to think differently about people development.
- Amazing storytelling capabilities, along with strong verbal and written communication.
- Visionary approach to solutions, innovating new ways to use our platform to solve client needs.
- Agility and comfort with ambiguity to adapt and adjust to the market, the state of the organization and quickly shifting priorities.
- Highly collaborative to foster cross-team learning and drive team results.
- Facilitation and presentation skills, experience presenting to large audiences.
- Demonstrated desire for continued learning and development across different academic disciplines.
- Willingness to travel 40% time on average.
- Coaching experience a plus.
- We provide amazing benefits, but if you ask the team, they’ll tell you that the greatest benefit we offer employees is an incredibly meaningful mission and transformative work.
- Full coverage medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited use, at your own discretion, vacation policy
- 14 paid annual holidays
- 5 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 “Volunteer Days” to give back
- Professional development through BetterUp coaching for you and a significant other
- 401(k) self contribution
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.