BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists to bring evidence-based learning to professionals everywhere. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Airbnb, Genentech, Mars, LinkedIn, and Workday. Let’s build together!
The Customer Success Manager role contributes to the mission of BetterUp by ensuring that our customers and members receive the full value of the BetterUp platform. The role supports our distribution strategy by driving customer value, increasing the measurable and perceived value that customers receive from the BetterUp platform. Our Customer Success Managers are our clients’ key strategists, consultants, and growth planners. CSMs partner with the Account Management and Deployment teams to drive adoption, renewals, and expansions. Leadership skills, client service orientation, strategic consulting, project management, relationship mastery, problem-solving, and storytelling are the core skills exercised in this role.
- Ensure Successful Deployments: oversee customer launches and consult on best practices for effective end-user adoption.
- Manage Customer Health: using data, monitor customer health, take proactive steps to mitigate signs of risk, and act as the ultimate consultant to encourage user adoption and ultimate value.
- Grow Adoption: influence customers to effectively utilize the BetterUp platform and expand their usage. Driving Adoption requires active planning and expertise with organizational change.
- Engage Customers: keep customers engaged with regular touch-points such as QBRs, ongoing operational check-ins, and consultations.
If you have some or all of the following please apply:
- Must be able to proactively prioritize your time and effort to have maximum impact across a large portfolio of accounts. You have to be able to switch contexts across many different customers regularly. There is a lot going on across your portfolio, and we can’t afford to drop balls. Must have previously managed a portfolio of customers.
- Strong experience keeping customers’ expectations grounded in reality, and pushing back while maintaining a positive relationship. Must be able to be prescriptive, consultative, and credible.
- Past experience building deep relationships with customers, stakeholders, and client teams. Must have previously served as the main point of contact for customers.
- Past Experience in the HCM SaaS space or Talent disciplines are highly valued, though not required.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
Full coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance
Employer Paid Life, AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance
Flexible paid time off
13 paid holidays
4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
5 Volunteer Days to give back
Learning and Development stipend
Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
401(k) self contribution
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.