BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like LinkedIn, Salesforce, Visa, Deloitte, and Logitech.
Our team’s mission is to build and foster a world-class coaching community to drive personalized and transformational experience for our members. As an Operations Associate, you’re energized by helping us achieve this mission by ensuring we are quickly and efficiently hiring quality coaches to exceed the business demand. This is a perfect role for a strong problem solver who loves process management and improvement, and who can thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
As to be expected in a company moving as fast as we are, the scope of this position will evolve and comfort with ambiguity is required. Below is a partial representation of what may be included in a typical week for a Coach Operations Associate:
- Own the applicant workflow for all prospective BetterUp coaches
- Manage the backend administration of the applicant workflow, including account setup, background check administration, creating agreements, and system configurations
- Use data to proactively identify and address issues or bottlenecks for individual applicants in the workflow
- Create moments of surprise and delight for each applicant to ensure a high-quality first experience in the BetterUp Coach community
- Partner with internal teams to improve efficiency and quality of the applicant workflow
- 2+ years of experience in a fast paced environment, or fast growing role.
- Must be a problem solver - proven ability to quickly ID and communicate issues and formulate potential solutions.
- Strong execution skills, ability to consistently meet timelines and operate from a sense of urgency, even through ambiguity or changing business needs.
- Experience owning a process or system; ability to master an existing process and think critically about ways to make it even better.
- Familiarity with / background in customer service -- proactive communication skills and dedication to rapid and complete resolution is a must.
- Experience and interest in working with technology platforms and products.
- Interest in organizational behavior, positive psychology, coaching, or behavioral sciences - we geek out over this stuff, daily!
We provide amazing benefits, but if you ask the team, they’ll tell you that the greatest benefit we offer employees is an incredibly meaningful mission and transformative work.
- Full coverage medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited use, at your own discretion, vacation policy
- 14 paid annual holidays
- 5 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 “Volunteer Days” to give back
- Professional development through BetterUp coaching for you and a significant other
- 401(k) self contribution
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.