We're looking for a Software Engineer to build internal tools to help drive our customer success, go to market, business operations and engineering efforts at Aptible.
This is a unique opportunity to be a high-impact, early member of the Aptible Team. You'll be responsible for designing and developing tools including building out our billing API and the plumbing that connects our internal applications to our software development tools and processes.
We see a future where it’s easy to bring a great idea into the world using the internet, while respecting data security and privacy. The next generation of businesses will design security and privacy into their operating processes. If every business is going to be a software business, every business will need to be a security business.
We’re working to make information security a core competency of every startup. We envision a world in which startups have access to great information security, are empowered to focus on their businesses instead of on compliance, can scale faster and more efficiently, and are confident that they're creating quality products.
- You'll add functionality to our billing API to support both customer-facing functionality (e.g. refunds) and accounting features.
- You'll build an internal web application from which our customer success and sales teams can manage all customer billing within a single UI.
- You'll work with growth and business operations teams to make sure that business metrics are visible to the whole Aptible team.
- You'll create tools that save time and effort for the engineering, go to market and business operations teams.
- You'll identify opportunities for and create reliable internal tooling for the software development lifecycle
- You'll maintain productivity-boosting connections between our own software and external systems like Sentry and
- You’ll streamline account management and business operations processes.
- Ability to Design to Constraints: You can produce a design to achieve a goal (e.g. “a teammate needs to see this particular piece of information here”). Your designs should be performant, maintainable, for years, not months, and evolvable.
- Desire to Improve: You seek to understand why things are the way they are, and think about ways to make them better.
- Product Sense: You seek to understand the features you're working on, and actively propose positive changes.
- Desire to Learn Our Tools: You seek and have the ability to learn the tools we use today, and the new tools we might use tomorrow. Knowledge of what we use today is a plus. 1) Concepts: Type Systems, Web Development 2) Tools: Rails, Postgres, React, Redux, Typescript.
- Team Player: You thrive on building software that simplifies work for people with whom you work daily.
- Work from Anywhere: Enjoy the flexibility of working from home, a local co-working space, or your favorite coffee shop.
- Open Vacation Policy: We encourage you to take the time you need, when you need it — for any holiday or matter of personal importance.
- Paid Parental Leave: We offer job-protected Paid Time Off — 14 Weeks, Fully Paid — for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance:We offer comprehensive health care for employees, with 100% of premiums paid by Aptible.
- Hardware & Software: We help you create your ideal office setup and provide any software you’ll need.
- Company Travel: We come together in-person at least two to three times per year, in locations around the globe.