Appsembler is the leading training platform for experiential learning. Built on the belief that learning by doing is the most effective way to learn, we are on a mission to help companies unlock the full potential of their employees, customers, and users.
Appsembler’s cloud-based training platform makes it easy to create and instantly deliver hands-on, immersive learning experiences that stick. The world’s most forward-thinking organizations — Akamai, Chef, Redis Labs and more — trust us to power their online learning programs. We are proud to be a fast-growing, 100% globally distributed team.
We are disrupting the $366B global workplace learning industry which is going through a massive transformation as big, expensive LMSes no longer serve the needs of modern learners. In contrast to these archaic systems, we offer a flexible and scalable platform that provides a superior hands-on learner experience. This means higher engagement and completion rates, and ultimately lower support costs and increased revenue for the customers we serve.
About you and the role:
We're looking for an Inside Sales Representative with full-cycle sales experience to join our growing team. You should have experience building and managing a book of business through prospecting, outreach, and deal management, as well as upsells and cross-sells. Our Customer Success Team is a core and integral part of our company – one of the main areas of value. The Sales team should consider them as a partner in the process of upselling and cross-selling.
As one of the first Inside Sales Representatives, reporting to the CEO, you will need to be a self-starter and closer who can run your own process while providing constructive feedback for organizational improvement.
You'll do well in the role if you can work independently on your own deals, while also helping to iterate on and improve our sales process. You'll be responsible for meeting a quota of closed deals, and also participate in a highly collaborative, distributed team culture.
You should have experience in an inside sales role in consultative sales. Our sales cycles can be several months and require many touch-points, including complex technical discussions, so you will need to have excellent stakeholder management abilities. You'll need to uncover the "known unknowns" and the "unknown unknowns" as you proceed to identify a potentially good fit between us and our prospective customers.
Because we're a fully distributed team, communication skills and CRM account management are essential.
Top 5 Priorities
- Demonstrated success in a quota-carrying, full-cycle sales role (including prospecting).
- Experience in consultative selling of technical products - SaaS required.
- Demonstrated ability to follow, and improve upon, a defined sales process, including live demos.
- Ability to successfully “wear many hats” in a dynamic, rapidly-changing startup environment - highly adaptable, team players only.
- Strong familiarity with, and adherence to, best practices in sales tools - including CRM (Salesforce), prospecting, and outreach/communications-management systems.
At a minimum, you possess:
- 3-6 years in customer-facing, inside sales role
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage a book of business
- Flawless communication skills (writing, speaking) for engaging with prospective customers
- Excellent internal communication skills for working within a distributed team
- Strong desire and ability to learn, through both organized curriculum and iterative, constructive feedback
The ideal candidate also possesses:
- Best practice experience and opinions on prospecting and outreach
- Experience selling over email and video/voice calls
- Self-starter who can operate independently
- Highly efficient productivity processes to handle high volume of activity
- Interest or experience in online learning or EdTech, ideally around the LMS or online virtual labs tools.
- Meaningful work, with the potential to have a huge effect on people's lives via online learning
- Flexibility to work remotely. We are a distributed-first company, and each team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose
- A friendly and intellectual atmosphere, with a tight-knit and supportive team
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- 4 weeks of paid vacation and company holidays
- 401(k) for US-based employees
- Stock options depending on experience