Program Leaders (PLs) are a VP-level, general management role responsible for the holistic oversight of a program vertical. They are responsible for ensuring that post-emerging programs meet their respective P&L, student satisfaction, and partner satisfaction targets, working in close collaboration with Functional Leaders across the Bootcamp business in particular and the larger 2U organization as necessary. The PL often defines “What” needs to get done based on revenue goals and strategic priorities while Functional Leaders define “How” it will get done.
Additionally, the PL is accountable for the following:
- Sets strategic priorities for the program vertical with the product marketing manager and functional teams with the goal of finding new ways to grow, retain and deliver value to our partners and students
- Builds and owns financial plans for the program vertical by creating detailed plans by partner
- Creates initiatives to drive performance improvements and ensures those initiatives are successfully executed in conjunction with functional teams and shared services, including roadmap prioritization
- Collaborates with the Functional Leaders to ensure best practices are implemented and ensures that cross-functional teams are working collaboratively to achieve plan objectives
- Works closely with academic and student success teams to ensure learner analytics, NPS and graduation rates are being captured and reviewed consistently to ensure our target NPS scores and graduation rates are being achieved and that feedback from students and/or our partners is being captured and addressed
- Owns the decisions on making changes or updates to the class calendar to ensure our finance, admissions and marketing teams are aligned in providing revenue forecasts
- Monitor and analyze ALL program performance metrics/data; consolidate by product ensuring visibility across Exec and Functional leadership
- Collaborate with functional teams and the PMO to develop program-specific support, marketing, scripts, and curriculum
- Work with the product marketing team to ensure all functions are trained on the program definition and value
- Identify macro opportunities to improve revenue/sales and growth opportunities surrounding the program
- Own developing client growth recommendations with support and guidance from the UR team
- Participate in any functional management hiring fully aligned to program vertical
- Generate program reports, give business presentations, manages quarterly planning meetings and exec team updates
Program Leaders should have a minimum of 10 years of business experience in general management with demonstrable skills in the following areas:
- Bachelor’s degree required
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a metaphor–it’s our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
Medical, dental, and vision coverage
Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
Unlimited snacks and drinks
Tuition reimbursement program
Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
Additional time off benefits include:
time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
parental leave after 9 months of employment
holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.
2U will consider qualified job applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law, including Los Angeles' Fair Chance Ordinance.