Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information, and we believe those people – and the companies they work for – shouldn’t have to choose between security and productivity. We see security as a human challenge, rather than a technological one. It’s hard work, but our mission has always been to ease the tension between security and convenience and help people navigate the digital world without fear or friction. Human-centric security is part of our DNA, but human-centricity is also the backbone of our culture. We encourage big ideas and new ways of working that help us to make the online world a safer place for everyone.
Our Customer Success team works proactively and prescriptively to help customers get the most value from their investment in security and privacy by establishing long term relationships and acting as trusted advisors to our customers.
The Senior Customer Success Manager understands larger/enterprise-level Teams and Business customers’ structures and needs, and guides them through established best practices throughout their 1Password lifecycle working closely with Onboarding and Account Management. This individual acts as the customer champion and advocate, helping increase awareness of customer needs and priorities. As a Senior Customer Success Manager the individual influences not only their own customers and processes, but processes across the entire Customer Success organization.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada, the US, the UK, and the Netherlands.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong communication skills over email, phone, and video calls. Presenting and speaking to new people each day excites you. Your style is concise yet empathetic – with a balance of teaching and listening/learning yourself as well as knowing when to pivot in a conversation.
- Experience with and passion for helping people or businesses use software to be more productive and efficient. You’re passionate about discovering what a team needs in their workplace, and you ask strong open-ended questions that help you learn more about them. You enjoy translating technical terms for customers who find technology confusing or intimidating.
- Someone who works well with internal teams, balancing individual customer’s success with company needs and opportunities.
- Strong understanding of the acronyms SCIM, AD, CLI, SSO, and SaaS and the principles behind them.
- A proven track record as a top performer in customer success.
- A knack for learning things on your own and quickly adapting to new environments. Since 1Password is remote, it’s important to be independent in your research, but also have the humility to ask for help when you aren't sure about something.
- The thought of tracking minute details doesn’t make you cringe :) and you’re able to organize yourself and your tasks so customers don’t get missed or dropped.
- Feedback, learning, and growing are some of your favorite words.
- Optional: You have personal experience with 1Password or another password manager. While not required, it’ll help you quickly have confidence in this role.
What you can expect in month 1:
- Get to know the product, our culture, the Customer Success processes, and the people you'll be working with.
- Learn our CRM, what and how we track, and the benefits of keeping customer information within it updated.
- By the end of the first month, you’ll be able to guide a larger or high potential customer through at least one level of the defined Customer Success process.
What you can expect by month 3:
- Can guide customers through multiple levels of the defined Customer Success process, using your relationship with our Onboarding and Account management teams to educate, provide feedback, and discover opportunities to upsell or expand.
- Proactively report on customers’ needs and valuable feedback so marketing and product teams can accurately reflect messaging and prioritize the right projects to improve the product.
- Build and maintain a healthy database of customers for whom you are the Senior Success Manager.
What you can expect by month 6:
- Have developed your best personal approach and rhythm, analyzed the Customer Success processes to maximize your customer engagement, and begun collaborating with cross-functional peers to influence and iterate on best practices across internal teams.
- Have a steady book of customers with whom you’ve learned needs, built rapport, and put Success plans in place influencing the broader Customer Success metrics and processes.