Senior Backend Developer - Passage
Remote (US or Canada)
We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
Passage is seeking an experienced senior backend engineer to join our development team. You will be responsible for evolving our developer facing APIs and building clean, scalable backend systems for new feature delivery. This is a unique opportunity to shape the trajectory of Passage as an early stage engineer.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we’re looking for:
- Production experience building distributed backend services
- Production experience building highly available and performant backend features
- Production experience with Go
- Experience building and deploying a cloud native production backend service from scratch
- Experience building external developer APIs
- Demonstrated ability to concisely communicate complex technical problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- You value ownership and enjoy room to make your own decisions - we’re a startup and trust everyone’s best judgment to keep a fast pace
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, GCP or AWS
- Experience implementing authentication protocols
What you can expect:
- Building new backend features in Go
- Development and maintenance of backend SDKs in many languages
- Focus on an API first driven development approach and early collaboration with the front-end developer who will consume your APIs
- Space to improve engineering processes and hold yourself and the team to a high standard of quality.
- Ownership of technical design and iterative delivery plans
- Opportunities as a mentor and a mentee
- A flexible roadmap dictated by customer feedback