Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world's most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
We’re looking for someone to join our design team as a Senior Animator/Illustrator to help us bring illustrations and other visual content to life in our marketing and support videos.
You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, from brand spots to shareable social loops, to educational videos and more. Reporting to the design studio lead, you’ll be a key member of the team and collaborate with in-house illustrators and designers to compose, illustrate, animate and optimize graphic, video and playable advertisements for 1Password.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we're looking for:
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your animation and illustrative capabilities.
- BA/BS degree in animation, illustration, graphic design, media arts, or related field.
- 5+ years working in animation with demonstrated illustrative experience, ideally within an agency environment.
- Experience working from storyboards or static illustrations to complete animation assignments on deadline.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically After Effects, Premiere, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Bonus points for Cinema 4D.
- An attitude of excellence and quality in your work, balanced with timely delivery of content in a fast-paced, often-changing environment.
- Ability to take direction, collaborate, and be a team player.
- Ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
- As this is a remote role, the ability to be self disciplined, manage time and push for delivery when needed.
- Excitement about creative trends, styles, and processes within animation.
- Hunger for continuous learning and improvement.
What you can expect by month 1:
- Review the tools and platforms that 1Password uses, and familiarize yourself with 1Password’s illustration, animation, and motion content.
- Take part in regular calls to discuss workflows and review designs amongst peers.
- Begin to take on tasks that will help you to learn and grow within the 1Password style.
What you can expect by month 3:
- Act as a design resource to others in the organization, taking briefs from team leads and creating illustrations and animations as needed. These projects may have tight deadlines.
- Start expressing your own creative voice: you’ll get the opportunity to give your own creative input and suggest content we should be creating in the future.
What you can expect by month 6:
- You’ll be fully up to speed and a key part of the design and video teams, taking ownership of areas that interest you and pushing their quality forward to create even better content.
- As you grow into the role, you’ll be offering constructive feedback to peers on the team and helping them grow and develop alongside you.