Over 90,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world's most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
Our Onboarding team is responsible for understanding the relationships and desired outcomes started during the sales process, building a launch plan for success, and helping customers get the most out of 1Password.
As an Onboarding Specialist, you’ll be helping our customers harness the full potential of 1Password by working across functions of the organization to provide an exceptional customer experience.
What we're looking for
- Strong communication skills over email, phone, and video. The thought of presenting and speaking to new people each day excites you. Your style is concise and empathetic – with a balance of teaching and listening/learning yourself, as well as the ability to lead a conversation.
- Experience with and passion for helping people or businesses use software to be more productive and efficient. You’re passionate about discovering a team’s needs, and you ask strong, open-ended questions that help you learn more about them. You enjoy translating technical terms for customers who find technology confusing or intimidating.
- Someone who works well with internal teams, balancing individual customer’s success with company needs and opportunities.
- A knack for learning things on your own and quickly adapting to new environments. Since 1Password is remote, it’s important to be independent in your research, but also have the humility to ask for help when you aren't sure about something.
- The thought of tracking minute details doesn’t make you cringe and you’re able to organize yourself and your tasks so customers don’t get missed or dropped.
- Feedback, learning, and growing are some of your favorite words.
- It’s a bonus if you have personal experience with 1Password or another password manager. While not required, it will allow you to quickly gain confidence in this role.
- Fluency in French or Spanish is a plus.
What you can expect in month 1
- Get to know the product, our culture, the Onboarding processes, and the people you'll be working with.
- Learn our CRM, what and how we track, and keep customer information and project tracking updated.
- By the end of the first month, you’ll be able to onboard a small-sized customer through at least one level of the defined Customer Success process.
What you can expect by month 3
- You can independently onboard a small-medium sized customer through multiple levels of the defined Onboarding process.
- Supporting existing customers with advanced and ongoing training needs.
- Proactively report on customers’ needs and valuable feedback to enhance and improve processes and the product.
What you can expect by month 6
- Lead large customers through multiple levels of the Onboarding process.
- Maximize customer engagements and collaborate with cross-functional peers to ensure a successful launch, long-term engagement, and wall-to-wall adoption.
- Onboard customers, build rapport, and put success plans in place that influence the broader Customer Success metrics and processes.