Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information, and we believe those people – and the companies they work for – shouldn’t have to choose between security and productivity. We see security as a human challenge, rather than a technological one. It’s hard work, but our mission has always been to ease the tension between security and convenience and help people navigate the digital world without fear or friction. Human-centric security is part of our DNA, but human-centricity is also the backbone of our culture. We encourage big ideas and new ways of working that help us to make the online world a safer place for everyone.
The finance team strives to be a partner to the business and takes pride in being responsive, collaborative, and the “fixers” of complex problems.
As a Junior Accountant at 1Password, you will be a key member of our growing Finance/Accounting team. This is a great opportunity for a detail-oriented, eager accounting professional to have a significant impact in a fast-growing organization. You’ll be utilizing your problem-solving skills and making recommendations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Accounting department. This role is perfect for someone who is a self-starter and looking to build their career while leveling up the business.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we're looking for:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience performing full-cycle accounting in a multi-currency environment.
- US GAAP experience is an asset.
- Advanced experience with Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple competing priorities while being flexible and resilient.
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision while adhering to necessary deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- A knack for learning things on your own and quickly adapting to new environments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to demonstrate teamwork skills in a growing team.
- Experience in the tech industry and with Netsuite is considered an asset.
What you can expect:
- Get to know various members of the Finance and Accounting team and meet with other departments to start helping create system solutions and processes.
- Perform duties associated with accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Perform full-cycle month-end close process including preparing journal entries, accruals, and reconciliations.
- Participate and provide support during the external audit.
- Perform ad hoc-tasks as assigned.